Upper left - around 1900 original view from Sheridan Rd

Upper right - summer 2007
Several additions were made at the southeast side of the house. The walls were covered with stone. Front porch became a secondary entry and the main entry was built on the Moraine side.

Lower left - summer 2009. The walls are covered with siding as originally intended; the entry on the Moraine side is eliminated.

This house was built in 1892 by W. W. Boyington, the architect of Chicago’s Water Tower.
We restored the original entrance, removed existing swimming pool from the front yard and add a grand driveway in front of the house.  All outside walls were striped of the stone and received the original siding. On Moraine side of the house we added a 3rd car garage. Behind the garage facing the backyard is the new porch and the mudroom with the secondary stair to the 2nd floor. The basement was dug out for a 9-foot-ceiling. 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors were completely remodeled. Walls were relocated to create better bedrooms; each of them has its own bath.  We installed a new stair and an elevator going from the lower level all the way up to the 3rd floor.

Click here to see the kitchen and here to see the master bathroom.
To see pictures of the rooms and the new stair click here.